Thursday, July 23, 2009

Screencast for web 2.0 class

My journey to figure out how to screencast has been hard fought! I have spent 3 days trying to make Jing work. I don't know why, but I was having technical difficulties. I was in contact with Jing support. In the meantime, I tried to use 2 other screencasting tools unsuccessfully. I was just about to give up on screencasting and move to podcasting. Luckily, Jing magically appeared in working order late this evening. I guess you could say that technology doesn't come naturally for me. Once I managed to get Jing working, I had to figure out how to use it. It took me three recordings to figure out how to get the microphone working. Then another 2 to make everything fit together. What I finally previewed looked pretty cool. So, here (Oh how I hope!) is my first attempt at a screencast. http://screencast.com/t/FZQZFb2fLz I am really hoping that this is the correct screencast. I have redone this several times, and I'm hoping that this URL that was on my clipboard is the most recent one. If not, please forgive me. I'll fix it in an updated post! (If this works, I have to say that I do plan to give this assigment to my students the first week of school. I want them to do their own screencasts about their summer vacation. I know that we'll be spending time in the lab figuring out the questions before I send them home with this one. In reality, they probably already know how to do this, or they won't find it difficult!)

3 comments:

tech guy said...

Yeah! It worked and looks great!
Mark

providingintervention said...

Do all of your students have computer access at home? What kind of computer access do you have at school? Andrea

Kimberly Engel said...

Nice job Kari, you've inspired me and I want to do one now. I doubt I'll have time to finish it soon, but maybe you can help!